Q. Are we allowed to provide teletherapy?
A. Yes, either by video and audio or audio-only. OFFICE of PROFESSIONS – The provider must read the document and confirm they have done so on the IEP in the LOG ENTRIES – CONTACT LOG for each child they will be treating. At the present time there is no document for OT, kindly keep checking the website.
Q. What services are allowed to use teletherapy?
A. SEIS/SEIT, Speech, PT, OT, counseling and Parent Counseling. Clearly state method being used in Session Note and individual participating.
Q. When can we begin providing teletherapy?
A. As soon as the consent has been received from the parent. As per Rocklands guidance, you can have parents send you the permission paragraph either by TEXT or Email but you must get an original signed and dated document. Providers should document on the IEP in LOG ENTRIES-CONTACT LOG, the date, the person they spoke to and their response – each provider should have an entry. It is very important to document especially if the parent is declining and the reason for declining.
Q. Should agencies be recording "provided" classroom attendance when they are providing distance learning education?
A. Yes, agencies should be recording "provided" classroom attendances when they are providing distance learning education.
Q. Are the reimbursement rates different?
A. No, the reimbursement will be the same.
Q. Will there be separate enrollments / ESIDs for the teletherapy?
A. IEPs do not need to be amended.
Q. Will we need to obtain parental/caregiver signatures?
A. Yes, we have a created a Weekly Signature Page each session must be signed by the individual who participated in the session. The parent can return it by text or email and you should obtain the original as well. Should be submitted with your Monthly Invoice.
- No previous Make-Ups can be done
- Services can be provided during SPRING BREAK WEEK which will cover the week of MARCH 23
- Services cannot be provided on the weekend
- Emailing the family is permitted either the address is on the IEP, your agency obtained it as part of the registration process or the Email consent form has been completed
- If you obtained an email consent form, please upload it into the IEP – Document Repository
- Sessions Notes – please complete for every session
- Week of March 16th - March 16th and 17th – Snow Day or Conference Day and Snow Day
- From March 18th forward Emergency Closure due to COVID-19
- If the family declined Telepractice, please clearly indicate that in your first session note for the week of March 30th on or after April 1st
- Must be detailed especially for SEIS/SEIT